over 3 years ago
Reminder - there are just three weeks left in UiPath’s Power Up Automation Hackathon! Submissions are due July 22 before 5pm ET. (Find out what time that is in your city.)
Don’t forget: your submission must include a video showing your component. Too often, participants leave this video to the last minute without realizing that it’s an important way to showcase your work for the judges. Here are some video-making tips to help you make a great submission video:
Remember the required submission video tells the story behind your component, and should include footage that clearly explains your component’s features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration.
- Establish your elevator pitch. In the first few seconds of your video, explain the pain point that your component solvest. Within 60 seconds, viewers tend to lose interest, so use this time wisely to keep them engaged!
- Show, don't tell. Providing real life context and showing users firsthand how you're going to make their lives easier will help judges and voters understand and appreciate your product design.
- Keep it simple. Per the official rules, your video shouldn't be much longer than five minutes.
- Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video. Due to file size, format, and your Internet connection, uploading a video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Get organized. Write out a script of what you’ll say and demonstrate in your video and rehearse it before recording. Essentially a good script should talk about:
- The problem that your potential customers face
- Existing solutions to the problem
- The solution that your component provides
- How the component provides it -- use cases are key!
Good luck with your submission!
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.